Universities in the United Kingdom provide the 1- or 2-year Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programme. For overseas students who desire to begin a career in the UK, a PGDM can present tremendous opportunities. You can find research-based, course-based, or a combination of the two in PGDM programmes’ curriculum. Continue reading if you want to learn more about PGDM in the UK and the benefits of pursuing it.
Why Pursue PGDM in the UK?
You could be perplexed as to why you chose a diploma over a master’s degree. The advantages of pursuing a PGDM in UK include the following:
- Time-saving: You can enrol in a PGDM program either full- or part-time. The course has a 30-week duration and is also offered as a part-time option. Because both degrees are at the same level, the PGDM complements a Master’s degree.
- Save money: By enrolling in a part-time PGDM program, you can both earn and save money. In addition, unlike a full-time MBA, you can add something to your resume after just one year.
- Created for career advancement: You can grow in your job thanks to the PGDM curriculum’s emphasis on practical knowledge. You can do this to hone your abilities in your particular sector.
- Life quality: In the UK, you can study at prestigious institutions and have access to top-notch facilities and qualified personnel.
- Increase your capacity: You can advance your current talents and increase your income by enrolling in a PGDM programme in the UK.
Top Courses in PGDM in UK
The following are the very best PGDM programmes in the UK for overseas applicants:
- Supply-chain Management: The major objective of this competence is to comprehend the industrial process. The programmes cost roughly 9 lakh INR in total.
- Project Management: A range of project management courses are available in the UK for roughly 11 lakh Indian rupees.
- Global Business Management: This curriculum, which costs a total of roughly 10 lakh Indian rupees, is only offered by universities that accept international students.
- There are prospects for professions in the business world thanks to this marketing emphasis. The programme would run you about 9 lakh Indian rupees.
- Human Resource Management: The price of this degree could range from 8 to 13 lakhs, depending on the UK college.
Top Universities for PGDM in UK
International students interested in studying in the UK can choose between a full-time and part-time PGDM programme there. The following are the best universities in the UK that offer PGDM programmes:
University of Dundee
The University of Dundee has ten schools and departments that together house about 18,000 college students. The college is ranked in the top 1% of universities in the United Kingdom and offers 500+ programmes in more than 30 topic areas. According to QS rankings, the University of Dundee is well rated for its programmes in medicine, forensic science, pharmacy, biophysics, and molecular biology.
South Bank University in London
London South Bank University is a public university in London, England that was founded in 1982. Because of its closeness to the south bank of the Thames, the university is known as London South Bank University. At LSBU, students can pursue full- or part-time study in more than 33 different topics to obtain over 140 Bachelor’s degrees and 53 Master’s degrees. The Times Higher Education Awards recognised London South Bank University the Entrepreneurial University of the Year in 2016.
University of East Anglia
The college received a ranking of 25 in the 2020 edition of The Times Higher Education World University Rankings. You’re in for a treat if you’re interested in it, as the university received a ranking of #10 in the UK for the caliber of its research.
The University of the West of England
The University of the West of England is made up of four campuses: the City Campus, Glenside Campus, Gloucester Campus, and the main campus in Frenchay. In the UK, it is one of the most well-liked colleges. 31,877 students are now enrolled at the school, including 22,927 undergraduate and 8,950 graduate students. The overall number of students consists of 3,867 students from other countries and 1,406 students from the EU.
University of Bath
Bath University is ranked among the top ten universities in the United Kingdom for its superb instruction and cutting-edge research. The University of Bath, which is rated #166 in the QS World University 2022, offers students over 190 undergraduate degrees as well as a large selection of postgraduate courses. According to the National Student Survey (NSS) 2020, 88.3% of students at the University of Bath are happy with their education.
Eligibility for PGDM in UK
- If you want to study PGDM in UK, you must have least an undergrad program from an authorized university.
- Universities typically accept applicants for their PGDM programs from any undergraduate programme. However, certain universities might have more precise requirements for the subjects covered in the undergraduate degree.
- Minimum score for your bachelors must be between 70% and 80%.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Depending on the university, you must have GRE or GMAT scores as well as results from standardized tests. Although many colleges now accept GRE results as well, the GMAT is still widely regarded as the preferred exam for management admissions.
- Additionally, you need to meet the university’s minimal English proficiency standards. The required minimum scores frequently fall within the range listed below.
|IELTS||6.0 – 7.0|
|TOEFL iBT||90 – 100|
Cost of Studying PGDM in UK
The typical PGDM tuition cost in the UK is 14.67 lakhs of Indian rupees. According to estimates, the University of Oxford’s tuition for PGDM programmes in the UK might reach INR 65.1 Lakhs. On the other hand, the University of Liverpool also offers the education for INR 9.1 lakhs. As a result, the cost of the course may change. Numerous scholarships are available to students as financial aid for their PGDM studies in the UK. A student must still have a solid financial strategy in place before applying to their ideal university abroad.
Jobs after PGDM in UK
- Candidates with a UK postgraduate management diploma can decide whether to look for work or go back to study. Candidates will receive competitive pay for their specialty if they choose employment. After completing their PGDM, new applicants can expect to make, on average, between 28,000 and 51,000 GBP. After finishing their PGDM in UK successfully, these positions will pay the following:
- If your annual pay is more than 32,800 GBP, you are qualified to work as an HR Officer.
- With a salary of 29,500 GBP per year, you can move to the position of business manager.
- Earning a yearly salary of 29,500 GBP will advance you to Sales And Business Manager rank.
- With a salary of 27,000 GBP year, you can advance to the position of Business Development Representative.
- If your yearly income is at least 41,000 GBP, you are eligible to work as a commercial manager.
- If your yearly pay is at least 49,000 GBP, you are eligible to work as a financial manager.
As the employee gains more work experience, the normal salary will start to rise. Candidates might also research housing or work opportunities in India.
Finding the right institution could be difficult, but getting accepted to your top choice might be much harder. Thanks to our guidance, you can enrol in any college of your choosing and obtain scholarships.